Sherlock Wall

Sherlock Wall
This is me when I get bored and do more harm than good

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

ADHD (maybe but not really?)

I get so distracted easily. Add memory loss to that and I will wander into Netherlands soon.

I don't know when it started but most likely it stemmed from not listening to my elders for a long time. Back then, i would always ignore whatever they said that i didn't like or was irrelevant to my life. Eventually, that spread to my school work and lectures too. One thing i do know is that my condition isn't that serious cuz i was able to get good grades by working hard. I'm no prodigy, but I had a really hard time trying to stay on topic. Even when i'm watching videos or reading stuff i like, i get so distracted that i start wondering about other things, such as, "Oh, this texture of the book/page is really smooth," or "This person looks old/hot/weird," or "Why did they even use this picture??!" Yeah, weird thoughts.

It's not like i don't purposefully pay attention to what people say (unless it's a teacher who is bad at teaching, but i'm not really one to blame). I'm just very slow at processing stuff, so it takes me a while to register the things that i'm not really as interested in my brain. I'm not consistent either, and u can tell from my grammar and the style i'm writing in right now. Ask one of my friends, and one of the things they'll say is that i do/say weird things too that may be excessively random or out of the box (good & bad).

I can't stay focused after reading a few sentences, but what's weird is that I love being surrounded by books. I always imagined having a huge shelf full of books (mostly mangas and novels :P) in my dream home. Before my local library went into renovation this past yr, i would always ask my mom to drive me there weekly. To be honest, i used to go there just to check out DVDs, esp. National Geographic ones (i was always intrigued by wild animals ^^). But, I liked being in that studious environment. It felt like I could gain a lot of knowledge if i just read a few pages of this and that of any subject. Oh, and another note: i'm not used to loud, flashing lights, and crowded areas. It gives me a headache really easily, esp things like karaoke or big parties. BUT, i try to save up as much energy as i can (by eating a lot and resting) beforehand so i can have as much fun as i can with my friends.

Anyway, i don't have a really serious case of ADHD, but i do have some symptoms of it that are 'treatable.' If you guys have any suggestions, comment below plzzz. For now, i'm just going to tame my brain and meditate. :D

~This is all self-diagnosis, so everything i say may or may not be true~

No comments:

Post a Comment